"An extraordinary thinker and strategist" "Great knowledge and a wealth of experience" "Informative and entertaining as always" "Captivating!" "Very relevant information" "10 out of 7 actually!" "In my over 20 years in the Analytics and Information Management space I believe Alan is the best and most complete practitioner I have worked with" "Surprisingly entertaining..." "Extremely eloquent, knowledgeable and great at joining the topics and themes between presentations" "Informative, dynamic and engaging" "I'd work with Alan even if I didn't enjoy it so much." "The quintessential information and data management practitioner – passionate, evangelistic, experienced, intelligent, and knowledgeable" "The best knowledgeable, enthusiastic and committed problem solver I have ever worked with" "His passion and depth of knowledge in Information Management Strategy and Governance is infectious" "Feed him your most critical strategic challenges. They are his breakfast." "A rare gem - a pleasure to work with."

Thursday 6 March 2014

Why Data Quality Is Like A Public Toilet...

...and other perspectives on Data Governance. My interview with Nicola Askham. 

Data Governance Coach Nicola Askham has been hosting a series of interviews with folks involved in Data Governance and Information Management, and was kind enough to ask me to be her latest victim guest. 

We covered a broad range of perspectives on the topic, including:

  • Why you shouldn't start out in data governance if you want a career in data governance.
  • The mindset of good data management.
  • The importance of sociology, psychology and philosophy for Information Management practitioners.
  • Why data quality is like a public toilet. (Yes, really.)

I would like to reiterate my thanks to Nicola for asking me to be part of her interview series - I'm honoured to be included in the same company as Gwen Thomas, Jill Wanless, Jim Orr, Daragh O'Brien, Sunil Soares and Patrick Dewald. 






No comments:

Post a Comment