I am delighted to be chairing the forthcoming Records and Information Officers' Forum, to be held at the Rendezvous Grand Hotel, Melbourne on 19th & 20th February.
This two-day event will address key issues and trends for information management and records keeping, and will provide practical insights to ensure that practitioners are well equipped to perform in a shifting reform, technology and information management landscape. The event features an exciting range of speakers and panelists including:
- John McMillan (Australian Information Commissioner)
- Michael Gindy (CTO, Insurance Australia Group)
- Justine Heazlewood (Director, Public Records Office Victoria)
- Colin Fairweather (Chief Information Officer, City of Melbourne)
(A one-day, post-conference masterclass will also be held on the 21st February: "Developing a Roadmap for the 2015 Digitisation Target".)
As well as chairing the event, I will also be presenting a session on "The ABC of Data Governance". In this presentation, I will address key questions and foundational capabilities for the strategic data agenda, including:
- Why we need to re-think our Information Management Strategies
- Techniques and capabilities we need to focus on
- What data should be stored, and how long should we keep it.
A full brochure for the conference can be dowloaded here...